Hello everyone and welcome back to The Selfish Column; Hope everyone is having a great new year so far. I spend the first few weeks of the year reorganizing my mind, space, and time, as well as planning a few trips for the upcoming months. I would like to keep the momentum going on the last topic (New Year Recharge); please read it if you haven’t yet. The topic for this week is GOALS, and how to break them down. I felt like this was the perfect topic to follow my latest post because it’s about getting things done. Before my current life as a blogger and as an adult student, I used to work as a Child and Youth Worker. While working in this field I developed some pretty cool skills on building short and long-term goals. So you may say that I had a little practice with implementing goals.
Check out my three simple steps below and let’s get the discussion POPPIN in the comments.
- Get a Pen and Paper; Write Your Goals Down: I would suggest starting with your long-term goals. By doing so you give yourself a picture of the overall vision.
- Break Down Those Long-Term Goals into Three Short-Term Goals. This is the part where you look at what achievable things you can do in your daily life to work on your goals.
- Plan, Implement, and Action:
- In Planning: Focus on the pros, and what can be done positively but still balances your life.
- Implementing: Start to put those pros that you found in the planning stage in your everyday routine.
- Action: Is the part where all your hard work and dedication come into play. You begin to normalize everything you began to implement in your everyday routine. Action should feel like second nature to you.
I know it’s easier said than done, so I wanted to show you an example from my point of view. Because how else are you guys supposed to take my ishhhh serious if I ain’t about it????
I recently I took a weekend to myself to get my yearly blog schedule together; but you can apply this system in all aspects of your life, whether its spending time with your family or running a business. I wrote down my long-term goals for the blog for the year ahead on my notepad, I then broke these goals into five categories. By doing so, I can now envision how it can be broken down into small task “aka” short-term goals. Below are the categories I listed for reference:
- Skincare/ Makeup
Once I completed this list, I began to break down how I can accomplish it on daily basis. Since there are five things I wanted to focus on, the best way to go about this is to dedicate each day of the week working on one specific topic. Now let’s not think I got the coins to be traveling each week, but I do take the day to plan my future travels, the budget required, and any necessary deposits update- – – – Once I figured out how to managed everything in the breakdown step, my next step is planning the trips, implementing them and last but not least hopefully travelling the EFFFFFF out of here and getting my life!!!
I hope you enjoyed reading my three simple steps. If you have any questions, suggestions or just a comment please leave your thoughts below. I would love to hear from you all. As always thank you for visiting The Selfish Column and making it this far. With love, always.